Boise, ID 83706
Be part of a terrific team at a great company with numerous opportunities!
The Mover/Helper is a crew member who, under the supervision of a Crew Leader, assists with loading vehicles and containers, unloading vehicles and containers, packing and preparing shipments, unpacking, warehouse handling, and internal moving & installation performed in commercial projects. A prior moving experience for mover helper jobs is not required – we provide paid training! A mover helper job position is available as full-time, part-time, or seasonal (summer months).
Great Benefits & Opportunities:
- Competitive Pay: $16.00/hour to $17.50/hour + TIPS
- 90% of base medical paid
- 401k retirement program with matching
- Monthly and year-end bonus programs
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Career advancement and a path toward becoming an owner/operator
- On-the-job CDL training
- Great co-workers
- Responsibility and independence
Mover/Helper Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with stacking and unstacking items in vehicles and containers
- Protectively padding and wrapping items for loading in vehicles and containers
- Assisting with the residence and facility protection processes
- Assembling cartons and staging other packing materials
- Packing items into cartons
- Assisting with assembly and disassembly of furniture and fixtures as directed
- Carrying or dollying items to and from vehicles and containers
- Carrying or dollying items within facilities as required on O & I moves
- Unpacking items from cartons and placing items as directed
- Assisting the Crew Leader with other tasks as requested
- Interacting with customers and fellow staff in a friendly manner
- Creating satisfied customers through hard work and great customer service.
Position Requirements: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the mover helper job position.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must submit to a pre-employment illegal drug test
- Must submit to a pre-employment background check
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must be eligible to work within the US
- Must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be capable of reaching with hands and arms as necessary
- Must be capable of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling as necessary
- Must be able to carry and climb a ladder as necessary
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate reliable attendance
- Must be a good team player and have a positive attitude with colleagues & customers.
Founded in 1890, Peasley Transfer & Storage (a division of Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage) has earned a reputation as the best moving company in Boise and throughout the Treasure Valley with the mission of being the most trusted provider of moving and storage services, whether down the street, across the country, or around the world. We are far more than just another local Boise moving company, we are a highly-rated agent for Allied Van Lines and offer a broad range of high-quality moving-related solutions including local moving, interstate moving, international moving, packing & crating, household goods storage, commercial warehousing, record storage, mini self-storage, and competitively priced moving boxes & packing supplies.
Apply Today! Simply Complete Form Below:
"*" indicates required fields